Well after 3 days of daily trips to the hospital for tests and appointments we finally got a date for the baby to be delivered...one way or the other. Tuesday Sept. 2 at 11am I will be having a version procedure to try and flip the baby back head down. If the procedure works then they will break my water and induce labour. If it doesn't work or if the baby's heartbeat drops at all I will have a c-section right then and there. Sounds good right? I mean Mathew's birthday is Oct. 2 and now this one will be Sept 2....pretty neat. Now here is when my bad luck comes in...
This morning at 9am my mom called me to tell me my uncle found my grandpa dead at his home last night, apparently he had a massive heart attack and was dead before he hit the floor. I grew up living beside this man. My grandma died of cancer in January and now Grandpa. The funny thing about it is when my mom was pregnant with me her grandfather died and getting the call that he died sent her into labour with me. Now almost 34 years later history is repeating itself...except I better not go into labour anytime soon. They are going to hold the funeral off until Thursday so that a couple of my cousins can get down in time for it but I doubt I will be out of the hospital by then.
I don't know how to be happy and sad at the same time. :(
No comments:
Post a Comment